The popular spring time event is back for its third annual edition! It is open to anyone club members and non-members alike.
We have placed four (4) sign posts in different locations on the trails around town. Prove you’ve completed each leg by taking a selfie at each of the four SNOW TO ICE signs within 72 hours! Bonus prize entries for multisport use! The Fernie Nordic Society trails will be free for non-members on Friday March 6, Saturday and Sunday March 8 to 7 pm. Join us at the Griz Days Full Moon ski at the Elk Valley Nordic Centre at 7 pm on Sunday for your ice cream prize. More chances for prizes for multi-sports while following the trail rules!
Trails (complete in any order)
1. Elk Valley Nordic Centre – sign is located at intersection of the Galloway loop and Grunt/Runt connector. This is a cross-country skiing only trail (no dogs).
2. Montane – sign is located at the Montane Hut. Snow bike, cross-country ski, run, or snowshoe (dogs allowed)
3. Great Northern Trail Extension – sign is located by the fire pit. Snow bike, cross-country ski, run, or snowshoe (dogs allowed), or connect through the Fernie Golf and Country Club trails (cross country ski only, no dogs). See the map HERE – the fire pit is at the top right hand of the map.
4. West Fernie Riverside Dike Trail – sign is located on the park bench (roughly across from the boat launch). Bike, run, snowshoe, or cross-country ski for the more adventurous (dogs allowed)
- Obey all trail rules and closures
- Photos must include the “Snow to Ice” sign and each participant with a time stamp
- Have fun and bring a friend
More prizes are up for grabs by sharing on Facebook, using
the social media hashtags #loveFernie #grizdays #fernienordic
The Fernie Nordic Society trails will be free for non-members Friday March 6th to Sunday March 8th. Good luck to all and enjoy Griz Days!
Disclaimer: The Fernie Nordic Society assumes no liability for individuals participating in the Snow to Ice event. Participate at your own risk, always check the trail conditions, and be prepared. We recommend you do this with a friend, but if you’re going solo, always let a friend know where you’re going and when you’re expected to be back.
Visit the website of Tourism Fernie for more info about activities in Fernie during Griz Days.